293 North Mountain Avenue (1898) and 295 North Mountain Avenue (1892)
These two houses originally stood a half-block north, on land that became Anderson Park. Charles Anderson, who donated the land for the park, teamed up with well-to-do friend and neighbor and bought these lots as the new location for the houses so that park construction could begin. The houses were moved around 1903. A photo taken in 1902 by the park’s landscape architect, John C. Olmsted, shows these houses still on the future park site.